I love Cheerios, and I’m not talking about the cheerleading squad on the prime time TV show Glee! Cheerios are a childhood classic and a staple in most American homes. You can imagine my surprise when I found cheerios on sale at Publix, BOGO!! And to add to my surprise I saw a NEW FLAVOR!!!! CINNAMON BURST!
Cinnamon is the perfect for the winter because of its warm flavor. Other than the great flavor, cinnamon offers numerous health benefits, including:
- Can improve LDL levels by adding ½ tsp per day
- Several studies suggest that cinnamon may have a regulatory effect on blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes.
- Cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.
- Cinnamon has shown an ability to stop medication-resistant yeast infections in recent studies.
- Cinnamon can act as a natural food preservative by inhibiting bacterial growth and food spoilage.
As we all know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Cheerios has been known to be a part of a healthy, balanced breakfast due to its ingredients that help promote health. Do you know what Cheerios can do for you?
Cheerios are made of oats which contain soluble fiber that can help lower cholesterol. Oats act as tiny sponges that can help soak up some cholesterol and naturally remove it from your body. The soluble fiber forms a gel in your digestive system, which binds to the cholesterol in your so it is “trapped” and removed from your body. Oats have more soluble fiber than whole wheat, rice, or corn. Oats also contain vitamins, minerals and unique antioxidants, which help add to their nutritional scoreboard!
What else can you find in Cheerios:
- 110 Calories per ¾ Cup Serving
- 20% of Daily Value of Fiber
- It is Considered a Low-Fat Food Because the Fat Content is Below 3 grams or less of Fat Per Serving
- Each Serving is Saturated Fat FREE!!!
- Naturally Cholesterol Free
- Contains at Least 10% of the Daily Value of Calcium per Serving.
- Contains at Least 10% of the Daily Value of Vitamin D per Serving.
- Contains at Least 8 grams of Whole Grain per Serving Which Puts You on Your Way To Meeting The Recommended Amount of 48 Grams per Day.
This product gets an A+ for adding great flavor and TONS of nutritional benefits to my breakfast table!